So I decided to start something new by posting short personal user experience/opinions of stuff. Stuff that I can write about in just 15 minutes.
Let's start the first one for the year with the Apple Watch Series 2 (42mm) which I bought in December 2016.
Paid $588 for the black and metal grey ceramics and Nubox Waterpoint. I love my other 'dumb' watches but I just can't resist getting a smart watch. Been window shopping for a while and was looking at both Apple and Android watches.
In the end, thanks to winning the iPhone 7 lucky draw, my interest in Apple iOS rekindled so I got the Apple Watch series 2. I didn't bite the first version as we all know that the second version would be better.
Here's a Super Quick Review of my Apple Watch Series 2:
- Comfortable to wear. Unique way to put on the straps (easy to swap out too)
- Seamless integration with Apple iPhone
- Can use to auto-unlock my Macbook
- Premium feel and sleek looks
- Easy to use.
- Decent sport tracker. Have used it for swimming, cycling, walking, running. Works well.
- GPS and waterproof features enhance overall experience and usefullness
- Smooth, clean, fast interface
- Sapphire glass = scratch resistance
- Can use the watch to find my phone
- Apple Pay! Can use at NTUC, McDonald's, Swenson's , etc. My favourite feature thus far :)
- Expensive original straps (>$70)
- Watch face is not always-on. Sure it doesn't take that much battery power just for that function...
- Easy to smudge the screen
- Reboots by itself suddenly (a few times already)
- Need to charge almost everyday (can last at least two days if don't use for sports).
- Cannot use with Android phones
Nice toy to play wth... Will I keep wearing it? We shall see...